Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Mutisession monitoring?

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 01:51:08 -0700
On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 10:24:01AM +0200, Pierre-Emmanuel Lefebvre wrote:
> I try to use two ethereal (0.8.19) with two interfaces on a Mandrake 8.0. In
> order to capture from both interfaces, I need to launch two tcpdump for each
> interface. It seems tcpdump activates ethereal...weird?

"Activates Ethereal" in what sense?

If you have the current version of libpcap from tcpdump.org, tcpdump,
Ethereal, and any other program that uses libpcap (and that is linked
with that version of libpcap) can capture from all network devices by
using the "any" device.

Neither Ethereal nor tcpdump currently support capturing from multiple
interfaces in one process with any other mechanism.