Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] New to ethereal; time based filtering?; VOIP features?

From: "David Kuder" <david.kuder@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 00:34:19 -0700
I've just started using ethereal 0.8.18 heavily and it is
proving to be a very useful tool.  Thanks to all the developers
and contributors who have made this useful tool.

One thing that I have been struggling with is picking out
pieces of the trace based on time.  We have been running
tcpdump non stop and then going back trying to correlate
a problem with a chunk of the tcpdump.  Timestamps are
about the rough mechanism to do triage on the whump of
data to be disected.  I took a look through the documentation
and I don't see any way to get packets in a time range
filtered.

I'm picking apart RTP streams containing voice calls.  One
thing that would be very useful would be to be able to pull
the RTP payload out (like the TCP stream) and deal with it
as audio, either playing it or saving it as a file.  Is there
a plugin or newer version that might do that?

Other useful things for RTP would be sequence checks, looking
for drops and measuring jitter.  Somehow I don't think those
are available but I would like to be pleasantly surprised.