Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Filters

From: "Serge Dergham" <serge@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 00:23:19 -0000
Hi all,

I'm new to this stuff (but can learn fast ;-), need some help in my work.
We have noticed from time to time very heavy abnormal trafic going out of our main router/gateway (cisco 2500) toward the internet, and can last several hours each time, nearly bringing down our internet access.
Next time this happens I would like to be able to find the source/nature of this unusual trafic.
What are the capture filters that I can/should use to isolate/capture/see only the trafic going out of my router/gateway serial port ? or going thru the gateway to the outside world ? (I have several IP classes on my internal network).
or how would you go to solve the problem above ?

(running Ethereal on W2K)

TIA

Serge Dergham