Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal under Unixware problem

From: Juan Don <donjuan33178@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 14:59:32 -0700 (PDT)
thanks Guy for your feedback!

it seems that I am out of luck.  I am beginning to
suspect that my ethernet card (*HW Intel(R) PRO/100B /
PRO/100+-PCI) is the guilty one here. I double checked
that the versions of tcpdump and libpcap were the
appropriate ones and fully supported by Unixware...
and indeed they are.  For the record, I am using:
tcpdump version 3.4a5
libpcap version 0.4a5

which are fully supported and come already as part of
the Unixware 7.1 distribution.  So, it can only be
blamed on the card, which does not support promiscuous
mode... darn! I might try to find another card out
there...

Francisco