Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Cryptic entries under network adapter?

From: "Loris Degioanni" <loris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 13:34:08 +0200
Please note that in Win32 pcap_lookupdev() returns, after the names of the
devices, the human readable strings describing each adapter.
Look at
file:///D:/work/DOC/web2_2/winpcap/docs/dll.htm#PacketGetAdapterNames for
the format of the data returned by the fuction: pcap_lookupdev() in Windows
is a wrapper of PacketGetAdapterNames().
Otherwise, look at the implementation of the -D flag in WinDump: I think
that a similar mechanism could be used in Ethereal.

Loris.