Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Lockup problem displaying certain packets

From: joe@xxxxxxxx (Joe Tomasone)
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 19:25:37 -0400
The single-packet file loads fine.

How do I get a stack trace?

        - Joe

At 07:02 PM 6/19/2001, Guy Harris wrote:
> I checked out the current CVS tree (4pm Eastern time, Tuesday),
> ran ./autogen.sh, then make, then make install.  It appeared to
> compile OK.   I then ran Ethereal, and tried to load the cap file
> containing the "bad packet" I sent with the below email.  It
> seg faulted (core dumped).

Loaded a capture file containing *only* the packet in question, or
loaded the capture file from which you extracted that packet?

If the latter, there may be another bug, which is in the CVS tree but
not in 0.8.18.

If the former, the problem doesn't occur for me.

Can you get a stack trace from the core dump, so we can see where it's
blowing up?