Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Win98 & promiscuous

From: Simon Hradecky <SHradecky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 05:48:56 -0400
Osawa,

Thanks for the pointers. However, I do have a problem - how do I get to a
custom preference file? I can't see anything offered in the Ethereal
software to change the path of the preference file, and nothing in the docs
of how to change that location and create an own preference file. I just
see the default "preferences" file in c:\.ethereal, can't find any
ethereal.conf file as mentioned in the docs.

In the default preference file the option you mentioned (capture.prom_mode)
is set to TRUE.

I tried to force this option set via the command line (-o option), no
success.

Can you give me a description of how to generate the custom preferences
file under Windows that you mentioned?

Simon