Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] NIS+ or NFS decode bug with ethereal v0.8.18

From: "Ronald W. Henderson" <rwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 12:57:57 -0400
I have encountered what I believe to be a  NIS or NIS+ decode bug with
ethereal v0.8.18:

Ethereal platform: Windows2000

Either decoding live or from a file when I generate NFS or NIS+ traffic
(Example: nisping -C) I
get the following errors from ethereal:

In a popup text window:

file .\proto.c: line 664:  assertion failed: (hfinfo->type == FT_BYTES)

In a smaller window I get the following:

Unspecified fatal error encountered, aborting

Debugging technique:

If I disable the decodes for NFS and NISplus I can read in the packet
trace or decode realtime just fine.
When I re-enable either decode and apply I get the error described
above...

Ethereal aborts after clicking on the OK button....

Any thoughts...

--