Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Nettl trace files from hpux.

From: "HJORTH,SHANE (HP-Australia,ex2)" <shane_hjorth@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 12:26:07 +1000
Greets,

I am currently evaluating ethereal (binary version 0.8.16 - from the UK
porting centre) as a gui for nettl trace files. Unfortunately when I attempt
to read in the nettl files I get the following error:

Message: nettl: network type 6 unknown or unsupported

I do manage to get a single decoded x11 packet before the error occurs and
realtime captures using ethereal work correctly.

My question is this, has anybody else had any luck using ethereal to decode
nettl trace files, and if so, under what conditions (OS version, using a
plugin etc)??

Thanks for any help,

Shane Hjorth
Solution Centre Engineer
Asia Pacific Southern Hub
Hewlett-Packard Limited

E-mail: shane_hjorth@xxxxxx
Phone: 13 11 47       Australia
Phone: 0800 664 747   New Zealand
Fax:   +61 3 9890 0326

To submit, update and track your software calls online, visit ITRC's
Software Call Manager at http://itrc.hp.com/swcl/bin/doc.pl