Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Newbi with Ethereal

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 11:00:49 -0800
On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 04:12:54PM +0200, Ori Pelz wrote:
> I use Ethereal on Windows 2000 server,
> I get the following error message upon trying to save a new display filter
> from the Edit > Display Filter menu:
> "Could not save to your display filter file "": File exist"
>
> What am I doing wrong ?

Assuming that Ethereal is bug-free.

This is a bug, and will be fixed in the next release.

If you want to save the display filters, then, to work around this bug,
you must get rid of the file ".ethereal\display" under your "home
directory" (or whatever Window calls it) before saving the display
filter.