Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Capturing mobile IP v6 packets

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 14:34:34 -0800 (PST)
> I also want to  filter out the IPv6 packets from a
> specified source addr to
> specified destination addr.  I know for IPv4, we just
> insert 'ip.addr = x.x.x.x".
> Does anyone know the syntax for IPv6?

"ipv6.addr == x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x", with the address in standard IPv6
address syntax.

(Presumably this is filtering packets *after* you've captured them, as
"ip.addr == x.x.x.x" can't be used as a capture filter; for a capture
filter, it'd be

	host x.x.x.x

for IPv4 and

	host x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x

for IPv6, if you have a version of libpcap that handles IPv6.)