Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] ICQ dissector not being invoked for ICQ

From: "Amit Vashisht" <amitv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 14:22:57 +0530
Hi,

I am using a win98 machine running ICQ 2000b beta4.60 build 3278

Alongwith a Red Hat 6.2 machine running ethereal 0.8.14 sniffing for packets , both connected to a hub .

However the ICQ packets are shown to be TCP data instead of being dissected and shown as ICQ information.

I need to get all the information from the packets coming from the ICQ client , like the type of packet(cmd_login,cmd_keep alive etc.)

Also what are the ports to listen to , I could figure out UDP 4000, TCP 443, TCP 5190,TCP 5609 ?

Please advise,

Thanx

Amit