Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Disable protocols

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 01:34:44 -0800
On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 10:16:43AM +0100, Bernd Rose wrote:
> Knows anyone out there a way to disable all protocol decodings (hotkey?)
> so that I can press only the few buttons I need?

I.e., disabling all protocols in the dialog box and then enabling
selected protocols?

> And how can I reach that these adjustments are saved and used when I
> next time start ethereal?

The answer to both questions, at present, is, alas, "you can't".

The continuation of the answer, as for many other "you can't" answers,
is "somebody may implement that in the future, as it'd probably be
useful, but, as always, it's a matter of time available to the pool of
implementors".  (If you're familiar with C and GTK+, one way to solve
the problem might be to add yourself to the pool of implementors....
:-))