Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Re: Ethereal-users digest, Vol 1 #139 - 1 msg

From: "Raja Epsilon" <raja_epsilon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 18:29:57 -0000
Hi ,

I am using ethereal for my research on tcp protocol. In the captured TCP packet, there is a window size. I am not sure if this represents the buffer size of the sending and receiving computer. I am using socket program to transfer streams of bytes from the client to the server. Can I use these window size to represent the client and server side buffer size? Also I am trying to plot the "cwnd" against time. Is there any way ethereal can capture the cwnd (congestion window) variable. Any suggestions would be really helpful. Thanks in advance.

Raja