Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Win2K Problem

From: Chris Baiocchetti <cbaiocchetti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 08:26:13 -0500
I have installed Ethereal on my W2K laptop (Dell Inspirion Latitude w/ 3COM
10-100 Ehternet card), and have instaqlled both the initial 2.02 and 2.1beta
WinPcap capture drivers.  Also, I included the Ethereal directory in my Path
variable.  Yet I still receive the following error:

"The capture session could not be initiated (Error opening adapter).  Please
check that you have the proper interface specified."

the driver installs without error, and shows itself in my Local Area
Connection configuration.

Out of ideas as to what the problem could be.

Can anybody help?

My thanks

Chris

cbaiocchetti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx