Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-users/200010/msg00024.ht

Date: 26 Jan 2001 13:45:02 -0800
In a previous message, Jerry Applebaum wrote:
---Snip---
Hi -

I'm trying to run ETHEREAL v0.8.12 on Solaris Sparc 5.8.  I'm getting a Bus
Error.  TETHEREAL does work however.  Don't know if that helps....

I tried using one of the precompiled binaries - version 0.8.4.  Got a bus
error.  I grabbed the sources and compiled them using the latest version of
egcs, and libpcap v4.3.   Same problem....

Here's the output from 'gdb':
---Snip---

I have also run into this problem.  I found the solution involves a proble with the gtk+-1.2.8 libraries.  If you remove gtk+-1.2.8 and go to gtk+-1.2.6 instead, you should have no problems.

Dustin Childs

Surfree.com - nationwide internet access
http://www.surfree.com