Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Problems on AIX 4.3.3

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 15:33:28 -0800 (PST)
> I installed ethereal on AIX 4.3.3 without any problems.
> But after starting ethereal I got the following error message:
> exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ./ethereal because of the following
> errors:
>             0509-150 Dependent module libz.a(shr.o) could not be loaded
>             0509-022 Cannot load module libz.a(shr.o).
>             0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path does
> not exist
>

> Any ideas?

Somebody else reported this:

	http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-users/200101/msg00100.html

and the response in:

	http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-users/200101/msg00101.html

was:

	Did you get the zlib fileset from the Bull website:
	http://www.bull.de/pub/aix432_frame.html

as, if the version of Ethereal you installed was compiled with the libz
shared library, you need to have that shared library installed.