Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Filtering problems

From: "James A. Crippen" <james@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 16:58:06 -0900 (AKST)
Wow...  Ask a simple question, get a simple answer that covers every
standard method, all the standard special cases, most of the non-standard
common occurrences, and some other less common but occasionally
encountered situations, plus a few hypothetical situations that might
possibly occur but nobody's ever seen in practice. :)

No, seriously, I appreciate the effort.  I got lucky here, IPX is running
over 802.3 so "not ipx" works just fine.  I said "not ipx and not netbios
and not nbns" and now I don't see any of the inane Windos SMB-over-IPX
traffic that previously filled my terminal with garbage.  I'd put up a
router and block the crap if I could but it would take too much effort to
untangle the network problems it would cause.

'james

--
James A. Crippen <james@xxxxxxxxxxxx> ,-./-.  Anchorage, Alaska,
Lambda Unlimited: Recursion 'R' Us   |  |/  | USA, 61.2069 N, 149.766 W,