Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] when i go for live capture i have:capture chield process di

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 14:36:37 -0800
On Tue, Dec 26, 2000 at 03:38:44PM +0200, FLYB wrote:
> when i go for live capture i have:capture chield process died what can
> i do!!!!!!!

Well, the first thing you can do is put your question in the body of
your mail message, rather than just in the subject line. :-)

The next thing you can do is tell us what operating system you're using,
what version of that operating system you're using (note that if you're
using a Linux distribution, we don't just want the version number of the
kernel, we want the name and version number of the distribution), and
what version of Ethereal you're using (run "ethereal -v" to get that).

If it's a version of UNIX (which includes Linux and various BSDs), the
capture child process might have produced a core dump file; see if
there's a file in your current directory with "core" in its name, for
example "core" or "ethereal.core".