Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal 0.8.14 locks up on "large" captures.

Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 09:40:54 -0600
Does the crash produce a core file? If so, you can produce a stack trace
using gdb. The stack trace will
be useful for us (the developers on ethereal-dev). Look at the README file
to see how to do that.

If ethereal hangs w/o crashing, you can cause it to drop core by sending
the ABRT signal to the process.
Find the process number via "ps ax | grep ethereal" and run "kill -ABRT
xxx" where xxx is the process number.
Once you have the core file, you can produce the stack trace.

--gilbert

"McNutt, Justin M." <McNuttJ@xxxxxxxxxxxx>@ethereal.com on 12/22/2000
09:08:52 AM

Sent by:  ethereal-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx