Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] ethereal on AIX 4.3.2

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 22:23:15 -0800 (PST)
> when I try to capture using ethereal on AIX 4.3.2 it gives me the error ,
> "recv_ack: bind error 0xd"
> I've been through the archives and could find the question asked, but not an
> answer, does anyone know how to fix this problem?

I don't know for certain, but I think that error *might* be due to a bug
in libpcap fixed by ...

(OK, this is an AIX problem, anybody care to guess?)

...yup, Craig Rodrigues.

You *do* appear to have configured libpcap to use DLPI rather than BPF,
as per the suggestion in the Ethereal README.aix file, but you're
probably not using the latest CVS snapshot for libpcap (you're probably
running either LBL's most recent release, 0.4, or tcpdump.org's latest
release, 0.5.2).  The latest CVS version has Craig's fix.

What does

	ethereal -v

report?