Ethereal-users: [ethereal-users] Error opening adapter under Win2000

From: Pierre de La Motte <pierre@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 17:40:46 -0700
Hi,
I just installed ethereal 0.8.11-capture on a wintel platform but I am
unable to use it in capture mode as I get at each try "Error opening
adapter".
The platform is a Dell Optiplex Gx200 running Windows 2000 5.00.2195
There is only one physical network interface, 3Com 3C920 Integrated Fast
Ethernet Controller (3C905C-TX Compatible) #2

Packet capture driver v2.02 (from Packet2k.exe) is installed, and
windows management system considers it as running (Computer
management>System Information>Software Environment>Drivers).

However ethereal, and of course windump, are unabled to open the adapter
\Device\Packet_{some registry key}

Does anybody have any idea on how I could solve this probleme and where
I should look on my computer to understand what is going on (by enabling
some log feature for example)?

Thank you
Pierre
begin:vcard
n:de La Motte;Pierre
tel;work:1 408 952 1805
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.arraycomm.com
org:ArrayComm
adr:;;2480 N First Street suite 200;San Jose;California;CA 95112;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:pierre@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:network engineer
fn:Pierre