Ethereal-users: RE: [ethereal-users] Re: Request for a Plugin for ethereal

From: Peter Kjellerstedt <pkj@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 23:05:27 +0200
Unfortunately, that page is very outdated.

E.g., version 5 of the ICQ protocol which is mentioned as new
on that page was used in ICQ99. It has since been abandoned in
ICQ2000 by the same protocol as AIM uses (if I am not mistaken).

Also, all specs of version 5 of the ICQ protocol that I have
seen so far are lacking a lot of the actual protocol (trust me,
I have written an ICQ server in perl using protocol version 5 ;)
Unfortunately, I never had the time nor interest to document the
protocol myself, but the server we wrote is GPLed so I can
provide it if anyone really is interested.

//Peter