Ethereal-users: Re: [ethereal-users] Error message

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 10:39:53 -0700 (PDT)
> I'm a new user or not yet because I have this error message when I try
> to start ethereal : ethereal: error in locking shared libraries:
> ethereal: undefined symbol: snmp_set_full_objid

There's probably a package on whatever Linux distribution you're using
with a name such as "ucd-snmp-devel-4.1.1-<something>", for some value
of "<something>"; install that RPM.

(Or, if you're the more adventurous sort, try just making a symbolic
link "/usr/lib/libsnmp.so" to "/usr/lib/libsnmp.so.0".)

You will probably need super-user privilege to do that; if you don't
have super-user privilege, you'll have to get somebody who does to do
that for you.