Ethereal-users: Re: [ethereal-users] help please.

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 14:58:37 -0700 (PDT)
> i downloaded ethereal for Red Hat Linux 6.1. I followed the instructions
> to install it and ethereal ran well. However, I am not able to configure
> filters.

What do you mean by "I am not able to configure filters"?

Do you mean that when you try to specify a capture filter it reports an
error?

If so, note that the man page does *not* describe the syntax of capture
filters, it just says that

	     Packet capturing is performed with the pcap library.  The
	     capture filter syntax follows the rules of the pcap library.
	     This syntax is different from the display filter syntax.

and later says:

	CAPTURE FILTER SYNTAX
	     See manual page of tcpdump(8).