Ethereal-users: [ethereal-users] undefined symbol error with ethereal 0.8.6 and RH 6.2

From: Erwin Hogeweg <Erwin.Hogeweg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 13:57:10 -0700
Hi,

I just upgraded my workstation to RH6.2 and ethereal to 0.8.6. Apparently
these two do not go together very well because this is what happens:

  [root@ws-erwin ethereal-0.8.6]# ethereal
  /usr/sbin/ethereal: error in loading shared libraries:
  /usr/sbin/ethereal: undefined symbol: snmp_set_full_objid
  [root@ws-erwin ethereal-0.8.6]# ethereal -version
  ethereal 0.8.6, with GTK+ 1.2.6, with libpcap 0.4,with libz 1.1.3, with
UCD SNMP 4.0.1

Before I dive into it I want to ask here: Is this a well known problem? And
if so, what is the solution.

CU Erwin