Ethereal-users: [ethereal-users] GUI question

From: Thomas Linden <Thomas.Linden@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 09:34:39 +0100 (CET)
Hi,

Would it be possible to implement the following feature:
In ethereal there are severyl columns with various type of data (Source
host, Port, Protocol etc). If I have a long listing and want to find, say
a NFS connection attempt from host "holland", I need to scroll down to
that position...this takes long time :-(
It would be much better, if one could sort the entries by clicking on the
columns name filed at the top of the listing. Additional this would be the
expected behavior for a grid view with named columns, wouldn't it?
Yes, of course, you could use a filter, but sometimes you are searching
for a certain network problem and you might not know all parammeters you
are searching for and thus, it may not be possible to use a filter...

regards, Thomas

--
Thomas Linden                      ConSol*
Tel.    +49 89 45841 100           Consulting&Solutions  Software GmbH