Ethereal-users: [ethereal-users] Creating new filters

From: Brian Capouch <brianc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 13:10:28 -0500
I just installed ethereal, first from a binary package I found on the
net, and then from the source which I just built (ethereal 0.8.1, with
GTK+ 1.2.6, with libpcap 0.4, with libz 1.1.3, without SNMP).

In both cases, I have been unable to crack how to create new filters.  I
am a longtime user of tcpdump, and the behavior of ethereal is just like
it in that respect, EXCEPT when I click on the "Filter" button, and get
the filter dialog, clicking "NEW" doesn't cause a thing to happen.

I have read the manpages and the FAQ. Certainly possible that I've
missed it, but so far I'm stymied.  And obviously, this program will be
a lot more useful to me once I figure this out.

Thanks in advance for any pointers hints or information.

b.