Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Build ethereal under winXP

From: "Graham Bloice" <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 09:21:52 +0100

NB. This should be done EVERY time you open a new command prompt for
ethereal dev work.  vcvars32 only affects the environment vars for the
current command prompt.  You can of course make the changes permanent by
updating the environment vars in the Advanced tab of the System Properties
dialog (Windows key + Break).

> 5. set correct path.( by PATH=

Personally I have never needed to do this.  See note above.

> 6.  copy win32.mak into witetap,epan, pluggins/mate,
> pluggins/stats_tree in
> case u have a win32.mak errror

Personally I have never needed to do this, see note above.

> NOTE : following on command prompt not on cygwin prompt
> 7. nmake -f makefile.nmake distclean
> 8. nmake -f makefile.nmake verify_tools
> 9. nmake -f makefile.nmake setup
> (if ur HTTP proxy is set then it will automatically download required
> libraries else u need to download it mannually in correct path
> (config.nmake) path)
> 10. sometimes (like in my case)  need to give -I option (i.e. include path
> in cl.exe b'cos it was not taking automatically  from environment
> vairable)
> with cl so in order to do so, changes in makefile.nmake. (most of
> time it is
> not required)

Personally I have never needed to do this, see note above.

> 11. nmake -f makefile.nmake
> 12. copy libraries into ethereal main folder. from all downloaded & from
> wiretap & epan.
> 13. run ethereal, build new dissectors & contribute to this mailing list.

<SNIPPED>

Regards,

Graham