Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Ethereal stops :O

From: "Sofia Altieri" <sofiaaltieri@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 14:24:33 +0000
Hello List,

I've solved the problem with refragmentation and it works correctly but for one slight particular ; ) My proto is carried over UDP and sometimes it happens to build up very large packets.
Some of these are so big the are split over IP fragments.
The questions are 2

1) My refragmentation code reassemble the payload contained in the part of packet not split over IP fragments. So, if my packets is N bytes and N-R bytes are split over IP fragments my reassembly code put in the fragment table only the first R bytes . So the reassembly puts together not all the payload! In fact to carry on a correct reassembly I first have to reassemble IP frags. Is there a way to reassemble correctly, that is, a way to 'automatically' reassemble IP frags directly from my code?

2) Reassembled Packets happen to be very large as I told you. some are 300.000 bytes long, some 800.000bytes. When clicking on one of these a 'Processing: Packet Details' box appears. Once processed, a Message framgment subtree is added. If clicking on it to get the list of all the frag packets it reprocess again and the (when reached 99%) it stops and blocks, so that I must force quit. Is it due to the big size? My ethereal version is 0.10.12

thanx
When pressing

Ricerche online pi� semplici e veloci con MSN Toolbar! http://toolbar.msn.it/