Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Re: [Ethereal-cvs] rev 17440: /trunk/plugins/lua/: Makefile.n

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 14:47:25 -0600
Lars Roland wrote:
> IMO, lua shouldn't be mentioned in the version information. Only the lua
> plugin uses the lua library. At least on windows ethereal is not linked
> with lua.

I assumed that knowing the Lua version would be useful since each
release appears to change the language slightly:

    http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/manual.html#incompat
    http://www.lua.org/manual/5.0/manual.html (no anchor, sorry)
    http://www.lua.org/manual/4.0/manual.html#Incompatibilities

Adding this to the general version string seemed to be the most obvious
place.  Would it be better to put the information somewhere else, i.e.
should we add a "description" field to the plugin struct in epan/plugins.h?