Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Capture attachment

From: Thomas Boehne <TBoehne@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 15:34:56 +0100
On Friday 24 February 2006 04:42, Sridhar wrote:
> How to get a attachment file from captured email.

Sridhar,

I you want to post to the list, please start with an empty email
instead of replying to the mailing list digest. And please don't send
the message muptiple times.

About your problem: It depends on how you captured the email. Emails
are always transported by a protocol, most probably smtp, pop or imap.
Depending on the protocol, you could add some code to the dissector to
spit out the attachment. It's possible, but not trivial. You would
definitely need a complete development environment for ethereal first.

Guy: Can we change the reply-to field for the digest to something
else? Should we?

Regards,
Thomas