Ethereal-dev: SV: [Ethereal-dev] prioritizing dissectors

From: "Anders Broman" <a.broman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 18:30:22 +0100
Hi,
You can do "Edit->Preferences->protocols>P_mule and change the UDP ports
used to Zero, or Disable the P_mule protocol.
There is no Protocol priority mechanism.

Brg
Anders

Hello,

I have written a plug-in for the Ethereal. This plug-in was developed under
version 0.10.13 and it is working well.
When I test the plug-in under Ethereal version 0.10.14, a protocol named
P_MUL, is overriding my plug-in.
I fail to see my protocol.

Is there a way to overcome this problem?
Can I prioritize my plug-in against other dissectors?

Best regards,
Yair Konfino