Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] mgcp bug report

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 04:15:09 +0100
On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 10:11:43AM +0100, Ariel Burbaickij wrote:
> based on our experience ethereal does contain bug in handling of mgcp
> packets -- ethereal
> is case sensitive. What is meant with this in this case is following:
> If we have two e.g. call ids or connection ids of the form
> deadbeef and DEADBEEF and we set the read filter on e.g. deadbeef
> DEADBEEF will not be shown. This behaviour is not complaint with the
> requirements
> of RFC 3435 which states that MGCP part should be case insensitive.

You have an interesting point here. Currently Ethereal does not have
the infrastructure to specify that a string element should be case
insensitive during comparisons.
You can try the following workaround:
mgcp.param.callid matches "(?i)deadbeef"
Which does a case insensitive comparison.
In addition you should open a bug for this to make sure this problem
isn't forgotten.

 ciao
       Joerg