Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] How change the display of the ethertype in protocol tree

From: Richard Sharpe <rsharpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 12:40:08 -0800 (PST)
On Sat, 3 Dec 2005, Ulf Lamping wrote:

Joerg Mayer wrote:

Actually, I don't see a need for that. Ethertypes should probably be
added to the main Ethereal tree. There's only so much stuff I'm willing
to see for proprietary plugins and I don't think keeping an ethertype
secrect justifies the additional work.

I agree.

Making the ethertype public shouldn't be a real problem.

Hmmm, a secret ethertype doesn't make a lot of sense unless you're providing a secret service ;-)))

Be careful. You might be on No Such Agency's shit list now ... :-)

Regards
-------