Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Questions about the X.411 dissector

From: Graeme Lunt <graeme.lunt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 08:49:23 +0100
Stig,

> I was thinking about GeneralText body part (2.6.1.4.11/2.6.1.11.11).
> I suppose it is pretty simple to implement.

As far as GeneralText goes, the basic ASN.1 dissection is
straightforward, but the generic processing of character set shifts in
the GeneralText will be a little more complicated - if that's what you
are looking for/need.

I had a quick look at the rest of the missing bodyparts and it looks
fairly straightforward to add them across the existing P22, P1
(ForwardedContent/ForwardedReport) and CMS (PKCS#7) dissectors.

There are also some P22 heading extensions I've yet to add of which
incomplete-copy and languages are the most used. I don't plan to do
the whole "business class", P772-like, extensions unless someone
requests them.

Graeme