Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Patch for manuf.tmpl

From: Graeme Hewson <ghewson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 14:35:04 +0000
Joerg Mayer wrote:

I thought about doing something like this for some cisco vendor ids but
decided against it in the end: what happens, when the first netscreens
are built with another juniper vendor id? In the cisco case, this has
already happened e.g. with the Aironet APs.
Just let me know whether you still want this added and I'll do it.

Well, my guesstimate is they won't need another OUI, and I don't think it's likely Juniper will use this OUI for other devices. I'd prefer to keep the Netscreen label.

Graeme Hewson