Ethereal-dev: Re: SV: [Ethereal-dev] LLDP Plug-in Submission

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 14:57:06 -0500
I had a few questions about the dissector:

Why does the dissector have its own MAC_to_str() function?  Wouldn't
ether_to_str() or get_ether_name() work?

The code beginning at line 619 seems odd:

	strcpy(tempStr,MAC_to_str(mac_addr, 6, ':'));
	proto_tree_add_text(chassis_tree, tvb, (offset+3), 6,
		"Chassis Id: %s", tempStr);
	proto_tree_add_ether_hidden(chassis_tree, hf_chassis_id_mac,
		tvb, (offset+3), 6, mac_addr);

Couldn't this just be

	proto_tree_add_ether(chassis_tree, hf_chassis_id_mac, tvb,
		(offset+3), 6, mac_addr);

The code uses strcpy() a LOT.  Can these be removed?

In dissect_media_tlv(), shouldn't LCI_Length be unsigned in order to
avoid excessive looping?