Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] errors with epan/ipv5_utils.h

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 04:02:44 +0200
Guy Harris wrote:

Ulf Lamping wrote:

In ipv6_utils.h I see the following code:

#ifdef s6_addr32
#undef s6_addr32
#endif

"s6_addr32" is unused anywhere in Ethereal, as far as I can tell...

#ifdef s6_addr16
#undef s6_addr16
#endif

...and neither is "s6_addr16", which means we don't need the union there, and thus don't need the #defines to hide the extra layer in there.

We could then just choose to use one of "s6_addr8" or "s6_addr", and make that the one and only member of the structure, so it's a structure containing a 16-element array of bytes.

That should solve the naming conflicts ...

Regards, ULFL