Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Suppport inhouse use

From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 18:00:11 +0200
I'm supporting this kind of flexibility.

The reasons:

1. I worked for a company and wrote proprietary dissectors
   and public ones. So reality is that there are proprietary
   ones. And I think it helped Ethereal that I could integrate
   them pretty nicely, because other found the tool quite useful
   and made some stuff public and supported work on public stuff.
   So in the end it helped.

2. If you really want to do it, people will just do it and patch
   the system more.

3. I like this kind of flexibility. Possibly we can also use it
   in the public. Maybe there is a website describing a protocol
   better than the page in the Wiki and no one wants to do that
   work on the Wiki.

Best regards
Michael