Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] ./configure error

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 16:47:27 -0400

Chris wrote:
I am running FC3 and currently have ethereal 10.9
trying to upgrade to 10.12 but receive the following
error at the bottom:
How do I correct this error.  I have googled this so
far but I don't know much about snmp configs.  Any
help is appreciated.

Net-SNMP requires openssl but ssl not enabled -
disabling Net-SNMP
checking whether to use UCD SNMP library... yes, if
available
checking ucd-snmp/ucd-snmp-config.h usability... yes
checking ucd-snmp/ucd-snmp-config.h presence... yes
checking for ucd-snmp/ucd-snmp-config.h... yes
checking whether UCD SNMP includes
sprint_realloc_objid... no
configure: error: UCD SNMP requires -lcrypto but
--with-ssl not specified

Try either:

./configure --without-ucd-snmp

or:

./configure --with-ssl

BTW, I noticed in that trace that 'configure' automatically disables Net-SNMP since SSL is not enabled but it errors when it does the same thing for UCD-SNMP. Should that be changed?