Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Amateur radio protocols

From: Richard Stearn <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 00:12:15 +0100
Greetings

I and other radio amateurs would like to use ethereal for monitoring
and analysing amateur radio data modes. Having looked through the list
of protocols supported in ethereal and the source code I have not found
any reference to any of the protocols we use.

I have also done some searching on the ethereal mail-lists and not found
any references there.

The wanted protocols are:
	ax25 (in reality a modified hdlc/sdlc not an X.25 derivitive)
	netrom
	rose
	flexnet

Specs can be provided. Testers are available. Coding effort is available.

So my questions to the list are:

	Has there been any development effort in the past on any of the
		above protocols?

	Would dissectors for these protocols be accepted?

To date I have read the README.dev and created an outline dissector for
ax25. Before I go any further I would like to find out if anybody on
this list is currently working on or is planning to work on these
protocols.

--
Regards
	Richard