Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] PPPoE over ATM

From: "Schuler, Dr. Christian" <Christian.Schuler@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 13:11:56 +0200
Hi,

I have installed and compiled Ethereal 0.10.11 on a Sun/Solaris Machine
with a Marconi ATM adapter card. I'm trying to capture packets from
PPPoE over ATM connections. My problem is that this protocol stack is
obviously not supported in Ethereal, which results in wrong decoding.

I found out that I have 6 additional Bytes in front of the IP-Paket:

 | fe fe 03  | cf 00 21  | 45 00 .......
   LLC Head    PPP Header  IP ->

Has anyone found a solution for this ?

The only idea I had was to write a dissector just to skip the 6 bytes,
but the effort to understand the Ethereal internals seems to be rather
high.

Regards,
Christian