Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Buildbot crash output -> packet-ber.c

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 01:31:04 +0200
Buildbot wrote:

>Problems have been found with the following capture file(s):
>
>http://www.ethereal.com/distribution/buildbot-builds/randpkt/editcap.out.1113341941

Hi List!

Had a quick look at this, but I don't understand the dissector
packet-ber.c, so I might break more things than fix if I put a hand on it.

The bug: when loading the above file, will get a message:

Dissector bug, protocol KRB5, in packet 568: "" - "" invalid length: -1
(proto.c
:2241)

In function dissect_ber_sequence() it will call proto_tree_add_text() in
line 868, which seems to use an offset that's beyond the packets end.

Could someone with more knowledge in this dissector fix it?

Regards, ULFL