Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] RTP audio listener

From: "Lars Ruoff" <Lars.Ruoff@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 10:41:58 +0200
Hi Alejandro,

the idea is great, but adding yet another multi-platform and highly
hardware-dependend library sounds risky in my opinion.
Also, don't we take the thing too far here for a protocol analyzer? Think of
the people that aren't involved in VoIP. Do they want to carry the audio
listener overhead?
So perhaps this should be done in a seperate application first? - to see if
it works well and how much space it will take.
The AudioListener app could work on rtpdump files as input, thus we have
easy interoperability with Ethereal but the app would be valuable well
beyond the scope of Ethereal.
(Then again, this might already exist to some extent...)

regards,
Lars