Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] How to compile ethereal for MIPS ?

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 02:38:29 -0800
Churn, Hoong wrote:
Can anybody help me on compiling Ethereal for MIPS ?

More than one operating system that could support Ethereal runs on MIPS processors - IRIX (for which The Written Word builds binaries), Linux distributions, various BSDs, various other UN*Xes, and NT 4.0.

For which operating system do you want to compile Ethereal?

And, "how do I do X?" or "can somebody help me do X?" questions often really mean "I tried to do X, but it didn't work - how do I make it work?", did you try compiling it and get errors, or have you not yet tried compiling it? If you tried compiling it and got errors, what errors did you get? If you haven't tried compiling it, try just downloading it, running the configure script (if this is UN*X), and building it.

(If this is NT 4.0, note that WinPcap is *ONLY* supported on x86, so you won't be able to capture packets unless you compile WinPcap and make it work - you'd have to ask the WinPcap developers for help on that. However, it's probably not NT 4.0, it's probably some UN*X - my guess would be IRIX or Linux.)