Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Could someone fix the make-version.pl please?

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 10:07:02 -0600
Joerg Mayer wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 01:37:26PM +0100, Ulf Lamping wrote:
>
>>For a few days now, it's not possible for me to compile under win32
>>without tweaking the make-version.pl, as it will fail if no svn client
>>is available. The output on my machine is:
>>
>>Can't exec "svn": No such file or directory at make-version.pl line 79.
>

> Hmm, are the sources you are using meant to be built without a svn to
> check out the files?
> I'll have to look at some feedback from Guy anyway and if nobody beats
> me to it I'll look into the perl script as well (eta: some time this
> year :)

If the SVN version can't be found, make-version.pl is supposed to handle
the situation gracefully.  Unfortunately, one of my recent checkins made
it exit prematurely.  I've checked in a fix.  The checkin also looks for
"svn" in "c:/cygwin/lib/subversion/bin/", in case the latest Cygwin
package is installed.