Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Problem with info column change

From: "Martin Regner" <martin.regner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 10:04:55 +0100
Joerg Mayer wrote:
> I'm trying to add the SSID to the COL_INFO field but for some reason
> it is never appended. It looks like the check always returns false,
> but this doesen't make sense.
>
> Hints anyone?

My guess is that there is one or more if(tree) check somewhere in the code that makes that add_tagged_field() is never
called during the first phase
of dissecting. If you remove those if(tree) checks it will probably work.

If I remember correct first time the dissector is called in Ethereal check_col(pinfo->cinfo,COL_INFO) is TRUE, but tree
is NULL if there is no display/color filter applied.

http://www.dragoninc.on.ca/mail-archives/ethereal-dev/2002-01/0411.html