Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Re: [Ethereal-cvs] rev 12728: /trunk/plugins/mate/: Makefile.am M

From: Richard Sharpe <rsharpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 12:57:35 -0800 (PST)
On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 lroland@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>  - rename mate.[dll/so] to zzmate.[dll/so] so it gets initialized as
>  the very last protocol (so that fields from every dissector can be
>  used).

Hmmm, this is not so robust. Someone might have a zzzmumble protocol one
day. Perhaps we should allow a plugin to be placed in a list of modules to
be initialized last (in the order specified in the preference or
whatever).

Secondly, at some stage there could be more than one module that we want
initialized after all the others so they can gain access to all the
symbols and field that will be available.

Regards
-----