Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] GSM SMS decoding for UCP?

From: "Olivier Biot" <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 20:24:17 +0100
From: Dermot Bradley

I was thinking of having a go - it looks a little bit more complicated to do than in the SMPP dissector.

My main interest is in decoding MT messages containing WAP Pushes - which seems to involve taking the "transparent data", IA5 decoding it into a chunk of memory, prefixing it with the Xser UDH data, and then passing the resultant memory chunk up to the GSM SMS dissector.

Fragmented messages look even more awkward...

Don't worry, it's not that complicated to perform reassembly. Take a look at the way SMS user data is being reassembled based on IEs in packet-gsm_sms_ud.c. You can probably find much in that dissector that you can reuse.

Best regards,

Olivier